Jet Victims' Families Accuse Malaysia of Cover-Up


Eighteen days after Malaysia Flight MH370 went missing en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak announced satellite data shows the Boeing 777 ended its journey in the southern Indian Ocean.

"We do not know why, we do not know how this terrible tragedy happened," Malaysia Airlines CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said.

"We are all praying for the passengers and crew," he said.

Even so, officials are still no closer to answering some of the most pressing questions: Why and how did the plane veer so drastically off course? Was it terrorism, hijacking or mechanical failure?

According to Britain's Daily Telegraph, sources close to the investigation believe the plane was deliberately crashed in an apparent suicide mission.

Locating the plane's black box flight recorder is all the more critical before its signal dies in a few days.

"The investigation underway may yet prove to be even longer and more complex," Malaysia Airlines Chairman Mohammed Nor Mohammed Yusof warned.

For the relatives of the 239 people on board Malaysia Flight MH370, announcement of the crash was the news they feared the most. Sadness and anger came pouring out as families tried to come to terms with the announcement.

"They said the plane went down in the southern Indian Ocean, but they have not found the plane yet," the wife of one of the crash victims said. "What are they basing this on?"

In Beijing, relatives of some of those on board demonstrated outside the Malaysian embassy, accusing officials of hiding the truth.

The Chinese government is also demanding that Malaysia release satellite images to back its claim that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean.

Although no wreckage has been found, experts fear the plane may have sunk some 23,000 feet under the Indian Ocean.

"They said that none of them survived; I don't believe that," one of the plane victims' relatives said. "If you make such a conclusion, you must have some evidence."

Meanwhile, dangerous weather conditions have forced Australian authorities to call off Tuesday's search.

News Articles