Business Systems Analyst – Marketing Systems
Information Technology – Virginia Beach, VA
The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join its team of IT professionals. CBN is implementing Adobe Campaign, a part of Adobe Marketing Cloud, in support of its multi-channel marketing activities. This position is responsible for determining the system needs for CBN marketing and fundraising activities involved in this implementation, and translating these needs into business process, system requirements, and solution designs. This individual will be a catalyst for change and will provide a bridge between CBN Information Technology and Marketing/Fundraising functions, and Adobe consultants to ensure that business requirements are cohesive, integrated and contribute to enterprise level business process improvements.
The successful candidate will be experienced with multiple techniques required to identify business needs and determine solutions to business problems. In addition, this individual must be experienced with defining solutions that include systems components, process improvements and organizational change. The successful candidate will be experienced with defining and implementing solutions that include Adobe Marketing Cloud or similar marketing software.
The individual in this position will be challenged with communicating with multiple stakeholders with varying Information Technology needs and translating those needs into a common set of business requirements to support the implementation of enterprise level processes and common business rules. In addition, this individual will be required to negotiate changes in requirements with these varying stakeholders when departmental needs diverge significantly with enterprise goals.
The candidate will define goals of systems and steps necessary to achieve them. The candidate will use structured analysis and agile techniques to plan system modifications and will determine necessary data structures, processing procedures, and appropriate output to meet user needs. The candidate will communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences using diagrams and exhibits to effectively convey analysis and solutions. The candidate will collaborate closely with the Architecture team to ensure alignment with department and enterprise roadmaps.
The successful candidate will possess a proven, successful track record in the following areas:
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in Information Technology.
- Experience with Adobe Campaign, Adobe Marketing Cloud or similar marketing systems.
- Working knowledge of and experience with integrated multi-channel marketing (print, telephone, digital media and/or consumer services) as a marketing user or IT support.
- Experience with project, program, and enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems methodologies.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience with Business Process Modeling practices and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Has the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develop appropriate solutions under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a small team-oriented environment. Mentor and support additional IT team members. Experience working in Agile teams a plus.
- Experience with the introduction of new technologies and standards in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and IT practices.
- Working knowledge of non-profit fundraising a plus.
- Experience with CRM software a plus.
- Experience in selecting and implementing packaged software solutions.
- Training and/or certification in IIBA BABOK a plus.
Why should someone make a change to assume this position?
- Chance to put knowledge, skills and abilities to work in an organization passionate to fulfill its mission of spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ worldwide.
- Opportunity to participate in designing and developing world-class business processes and applications on the leading edge of technology
- Commitment from the top down to invest in technology and move to the digital future
- Enjoy working with a strong team in a collegial atmosphere and open communications with the business
- Urgency to take up the challenge, become a catalyst for change