Digital Media - Virginia Beach, VA
The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) is seeking an experienced Front-End Developer to develop HTML/CSS/JS, HTML5 applications, components, mini-sites, promotional pages and projects for CBN websites and campaigns promoting television, mobile and home entertainment properties.
As a Developer with the Digital media team you will be building and enhancing web based applications that directly reach and affect millions around the world with the message of hope. You will utilize latest front end techniques to create fast, responsive websites that load in 2 second or less across mobile and desktop browsers. You will build continuous integration workflows with zero-downtime deploys and help ensure the most pleasant UX. Are you up for the challenge?
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in web application development for live public-facing, XML/database driven sites and applications (PHP, .Net, Drupal)
- Strong ability to design websites from concept to completion
- Working knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of development for different platforms (Mobile devices, desktop)
- Knowledge of internationalization and localization requirements
- Understanding of color, space, typography, and the design process
- Strong understanding of how to create a consistent look and message, and the ability to extend brands through a variety of interactive implementations and mediums
- Strong time-management skills with ability to provide design for multiple projects with varying timelines
- Self-motivated with ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Forward thinker with desire to research, learn and implement new technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a creative team
- 2D and 3D Illustration skills or fine art background are an advantage
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science preferred.