Legal Compliance Officer
Legal - Virginia Beach, VA
The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) is seeking an experienced Legal Compliance Officer (“LCO”) to join its corporate legal department. In addition to other duties, the LCO will:
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the Compliance Program.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the Compliance Program.
- Conduct periodic compliance testing.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments.
- Develop and maintain an effective communication and training program.
- Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and take appropriate steps to continuously improve its effectiveness.
CBN is a global ministry committed to preparing the nations of the world for the coming of Jesus Christ through mass media. Using television and the Internet, CBN is proclaiming the Good News to numerous countries and territories, with programs and content translated into a variety of languages. CBN is home to over 1000 employees who contribute their skills and talents in a wide-variety of industry-specific roles.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 5-10 years of relevant legal compliance experience with successful record of implementing and overseeing a compliance program
- Familiarity with legal issues relating to international operations (i.e. FCPA, OFAC, customs, export controls, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with risk management
- Critical thinker with ability to conceptualize, execute and complete a plan
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiative, make sound recommendations, and monitor follow-through
- Successful record of working effectively and in partnership with individuals who do not report directly but have a shared responsibility for compliance
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills with ability to effectively interact with corporate Directors and all levels of management and staff
- Strong ability to work independently and also be an effective member of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure with strong attention to detail and consistently meet deadlines
- Law degree, violation free record, and ability to be promptly admitted to the Virginia Bar are required. Bachelor’s degree in a compliance related field (i.e. accounting, etc.), CPA credentials and/or relevant compliance certification is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office and database software
CBN, headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, relocation assistance, and a full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications, and are in agreement with CBN’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online by visiting www.cbn.com. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.