National Volunteer & U.S. Programs Manager
Operation Blessing International (OBI) is a humanitarian organization dedicated to relieving human suffering. OBI combats hunger, deprivation and physical affliction with the provision of food, clothing, shelter, medical care and other basic necessities of life. We also help facilitate the development of healthy, vibrant and self-sustaining communities by addressing larger issues of education, food security, potable water, employment, community health, and disaster mitigation projects.
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated National Volunteer & U.S. Programs Manager who will assist with the development, growth and oversight of U.S. volunteer programs for both disaster and non-disaster relief programs.
The selected candidate will recruit and communicate with prospective volunteers, partner with organizations that will provide volunteers for local, regional and national events; and coordinate relief & recovery details for disaster relief teams.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Previous experience in recruiting and training volunteers
- Knowledge of non-profit organizational practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and positively coordinate people and projects while under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and ability to learn new software
- Previous experience as a Teacher and/or Instructor preferred
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrating accurate attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively supervise large teams, projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to make business-related purchases on behalf of disaster-relief organization
- Ability to take initiative, be innovative, work independently and function as a team player
- Ability to interact with staff and public in a positive and professional manner
- Available to work flexible hours and may require occasional travel
- Required to have a personal vehicle for local non-disaster work responsibilities
OBI, headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications, and are in agreement with OBI’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online by visiting www.ob.org. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.