Network Engineer II
Enterprise Services – Virginia Beach
The Information Technology department at The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) is seeking a Network Engineer to join its IT team. The successful candidate will analyze, design, develop, and implement Enterprise Information Technology solutions to support the IT Service goals of the organization. Analyze technical products and systems; design and recommend sound solutions based on industry standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Design and evaluate emerging technologies to improve technologies and processes. Participate and collaborate with internal and external IT groups for design, implementation and Peer review.
Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within one or more of the following Engineering specialties: Enterprise-class Computing operating systems and hardware, Virtualization, Internet Technologies, Management Systems, and basic security principles. If you are an innovative Network Engineer and desire to expand your experience and have a vision for the future design of networking possibilities, we are interested in you!
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- B.S. Engineering or related degree, or 3-5 years experience preferred
- Desired Certifications: CCNA, VCP
- Thorough understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012 and Active Directory with experience in the deployment & migration in large & complex production environments
- Experience and knowledge in Networking with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst and Nexus products and implementations.
- Proven communication & organizational skills; must have ability to communicate at all levels within an organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and developing technologies and ability to analyze technology for use in current environment
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Enterprise-class appliances, applications, hardware and processes.
- Client centric and able to work in a variety of environments; must be able to manage customer relationships