Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer
Network Integration - Virginia Beach, VA
The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) is seeking a NOC Engineer to support the Enterprise Management Systems, including Event Management, Availability Management, Capacity Management and Problem Management for the network, servers, internet services and select applications. This position will perform and support the NOC Technicians in the first-level analysis and remote diagnostics necessary to investigate and/or resolve incidents. The NOC Engineer will utilize network management tools to detect abnormal status or failures within the environment, report on all monitored systems and management of the backup functions and strategies.
This experienced professional will perform recovery procedures for WAN and ISP incidents to restore to normal operating condition. They will also support Life Cycle Management, Security Response measures and Local Area Network physical and logical plant installations and modifications for both data and telecommunications networks.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- B.S. Engineering or related degree, or 3-5 years experience preferred relating to infrastructure and network operations support
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven communication & organizational skills; Must have ability to communicate at all levels within an organization
- Experience at networking and system troubleshooting and using monitoring/alert tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and developing technologies and ability to analyze technology for use in current environment
- Functional knowledge of Interactive Intelligence call center applications
- Functional knowledge of VMware Horizon View virtual desktop infrastructure
- Ability to work independently as well as on project teams.
- On call via pager during unscheduled days or shift times for emergency scheduling requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Network Management Tools
- Outstanding character, integrity, the ability to exhibit professionalism and good customer service skills are required
- Ability to communicate well both in written and oral form with a pleasant demeanor and perform both oral and written instructions
- Availability to work shifts and after hours as needed
- Ability to lift 30lbs. and use basic hand tools and use a ladder for overhead work.
- MCP, MCSA, CCNA, and ITIL Foundations certifications desired