Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician
Information Technology - Virginia Beach, VA
The Information Technology department at The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) invites you to join our team and continue using your knowledge and experience to monitor the network, servers, internet services and applications in order to ensure IT services are operating at a normal operating condition.
The NOC Technician performs the first level response to events and incidents, performs analysis and remote diagnostics as necessary to resolve problems or qualify problems for escalation to other engineers. The Technician will utilize network management tools to detect abnormal behavior or failures within the Enterprise IT systems. The NOC Technician will participate in the reporting of events, incidents and normal operating status of all monitored systems and the operations of Data Loss Prevention functions.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting Life Cycle Management, Security Response measures and Local Area Network physical and logical plant installations and modifications for both data and telecommunications networks.
- Entry level industry certifications or 1-2 years experience preferred relating to infrastructure and network operations support
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and advance
- Ability to troubleshoot networks and systems using monitoring/alert tools
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Network Management Tools (Linux/Cisco a plus)
- Functional knowledge of Interactive Intelligence call center applications
- Functional knowledge of VMware Horizon View virtual desktop infrastructure
- Outstanding character, integrity, the ability to exhibit professionalism and good customer service skills are required
- Ability to communicate well both in written and oral form with a pleasant demeanor and perform both oral and written instructions
- Availability to work shifts and after hours as needed
- Ability to lift 30lbs. and use basic hand tools and use a ladder for overhead work
- MCP, CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Server+ certifications
- Basic knowledge of ITIL V3 a plus