News – Washington, D.C.
CBN News is an international, nonprofit news organization that provides programming 24 hours a day by cable, satellite, and the Internet. We are looking for a News Producer to join our CBN News Bureau in Washington, D.C. as we offer today’s news headlines and stories that impact the global Christian community. This role is responsible for writing and producing news segments and programs, stories and special projects as assigned.
If you love covering breaking news from our nation’s capital and have a desire to impact the world, you don’t want to miss this opportunity!
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Communications or equivalent work experience
- Three to five (3 – 5) years’ previous experience producing live news shows and other news content within a competitive cable or TV market
- Strong working knowledge of national and international news issues
- Strong working knowledge of network news production processes
- Proficient in new and emerging social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and Periscope
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro or willingness to learn
- Excellent, network-level writing and producing skills for broadcast and digital media
- Ability to show and tell compelling news story with strong visual elements
- Ability to produce newscasts in a live and live-to-tape news wheel operation
- Ability to effectively lead and supervise others in the production process
- Excellent research, editorial skills and ability to write a news package
- Excellent ability to analyze complex issues and present them in a compelling, redemptive manner
- Ability to tell engaging stories on a wide variety of topics
- Ability to cultivate necessary contacts and relationships crucial to producing great journalism
- Self-motivated with ability to produce news stories and segments with little supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to consistently meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to flourish in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and interface effectively with other teams
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Willingness to travel as assigned