Police Patrol Officer
CBN/Regent Campus Police Department – Virginia Beach, VA
Police Patrol Officers perform general and specialized law enforcement work, which includes safeguarding the life, safety, and security of the CBN/Regent campus community through the delivery of a comprehensive and integrated program of safety and law enforcement services in partnership with the community and along with local, state, and Public Safety agencies.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 1 – 3 years experience working as a security or Police Patrol Officer
- Ability to become a Certified Special Conservator of the Peace or Certified Police Officer
- Ability to review, record, and investigate all incidents to determine any violations of law
- Ability to be qualified in the use of small firearms and shotgun
- Ability to lead in emergency situations
- Ability to function at highest level of confidentiality, discretion, discernment and tact.
- Excellent communication/public relations skills
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills and be a quick thinker
- Ability to interact with the public and outside contacts with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to complete Communications Center certification
- Ability to retain critical identifying information relating to wanted persons
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, RMS, CAD, and other departmental software
- Submit to pre-employment drug screening and random urinalysis as directed
- Ability to pass departmental physical fitness test
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, pursue and apprehend suspects on foot, as well as sit for extended periods of time.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record