New data reveals that pro-life pregnancy centers are greatly needed and the services they provide have a significant impact on mothers and their children.
The report, "Pregnancy Centers Stand the Test of Time," was derived from information collected through a nationwide survey that was submitted by the National Institute of Family and Life Advocates (NIFLA) and multiple pregnancy center networks.
The results of the survey show that nearly two million people were served in 2019 at 2,700 pro-life pregnancy centers nationwide, which cost close to $270 million.
Essential services provided included:
- Distribution of 732,000 pregnancy tests
- Over 486,000 free ultrasounds were performed
- 160,200 STD/STI tests were provided
- More than 291,000 clients participated in parenting and prenatal education classes
- Over 21,000 clients received support after having an abortion
- More than one million packs of diapers were distributed
- Over two million baby outfits were passed out
And the report illustrates the important role that staff members and volunteers have in the operation of pregnancy centers.
- 68,832 workers serve at pregnancy centers, including nearly 3,800 licensed medical professionals
- Eight in 10 (53,855) of these workers are volunteers, including more than 6,400 licensed medical providers
- More than 10,000 licensed healthcare workers provide assistance
To read the full summary results, click here.
The pro-life advocacy organization Live Action shared additional statistics that highlight the indisputable value of pregnancy centers and the opportunities they offer families.
In 2019, Pregnancy Resource Centers:
Served 1.85M people
Provided $267M in free services
Carried out 486,213 ultrasounds
Gave parenting courses to 313,328
Provided 1,290,079 packs of diapers
Supplied 2,033,513 baby outfits
Not a single PRC is run by a "pro-choice" activist
— Live Action (@LiveAction) October 21, 2020
"Pregnancy centers exist to serve and support mothers in the courageous decision to give their children life, even under the most difficult circumstances," said Chuck Donovan, president of the Charlotte Lozier Institute. "This report calculates the impact of their mission of love in concrete terms. All Americans benefit from these resources in communities everywhere across our national landscape."
STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE FREE CBN NEWS APP
Click Here Get the App with Special Alerts on Breaking News and Top Stories